Located on the Tweed Coast at Hastings Point, Hastings Cove is a great base to enjoy family holidays, with easy day trips and drives to Byron Bay, Ballina, Tweed Heads, the Gold Coast and the Northern Rivers and Gold Coast hinterlands. But the biggest attraction would have to be Cudgera Creek estuary, which is a popular haven for family fun, and has direct access to the beach.
As well as providing day use picnic and BBQ facilities along the foreshore, the creek offers ample opportunities for exploration with stand-up paddling, kayaking, snorkelling, swimming Whale Watching and fishing among favourite activities. You can also discover the ambience of laid back coastal villages, and enjoy the alfresco dining in Pottsville, Cabarita, Kingscliff and Murwillumbah, or sample the famous weekend markets the region is renowned for.
- New Brighton Farmers Market Tuesday 8am - 11am
- Caldera Farmers Market - Murwillumbah Showground Wednesday 7am-11am
- Byron Bay Farmers Market Thursday 7am - 11am
- Brunswick Heads Riverside Markets - 1st Saturday
- Casuarina Farmers' Market 1st, 3rd Saturday 7.30am -11.30am
- The Byron Community Market 1st Sunday 8am - 3pm
- Pottsville Beach Markets 1st Sunday from 7.30am
- Kingscliff Lions Beachside Markets - 2nd and 4th Saturday
- Pottsville Beach Markets - 1st Sunday and 3rd Sunday
- Murwillumbah Community Market - Showground 4th Sunday
- Murwillumbah/Tweed Valley Festivals
Events and Festivals
Murwillumbah/Tweed Valley Festivals
- Lions Greenback Tailor Fishing Competition - June, Queens B/day weekend.
- Cabarita Beach Murwillumbah Festival of Performing Arts - June. Murwillumbah
- Murwillumbah Country Roots Fest - October.Murwillumbah
- Tyalgum Music Festival - September. Tyalgum.
Gold Coast Festivals:
- Bleach Festival - March. Southern Gold Coast. Blues on Broadbeach - May. Broadbeach.
- Cooly Rocks On - May/June. Coolangatta - Tweed Heads.
- Quiksliver Pro - February/March. Coolangatta.
- Swell Sculpture Festival - September. Currumbin Beach.
Byron Bay Festivals:
- Falls Festival - New Years Eve. North Byron Parkland less than 20 minutes drive from Hastings Cove
- Byron BluesFest (Blues and Roots Festival) - March. Tyagarah Tea Tree Farm less than 30 minutes drive
- Splendour in The Grass - July. North Byron Parkland less than 20 minutes drive from Hastings Cove
- Byron Bay Writers Festival - August. Elements of Byron, Arts & Industrial Estate approx. 37 minutes drive
Why not check accommodation availability or make a booking with us now?